Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7 - Departure

Today is my last day in India and I am so thankful to Western Union and to my gracious hosts at Conserve India for my time here. Conserve India has been more than generous to me and I am impressed with all they are doing to help the poor in Delhi. It has been inspiring and an honor to spend time with a business with such an incredible purpose to provide the people in the slum with educational, skills training, and employment opportunities. I only hope I was able to help them in some small way and that I can continue to do so.  The needs in India are staggering and can be overwhelming, but it is encouraging to see such good people working to change things for the better, one individual at a time.  My experience in India has given me new perspective on the many blessings in my life, and has expanded my understanding of the world economy and culture, and of how business can walk hand-in-hand with social change.  Thanks again Western Union and Conserve India!

View of sunset from Conserve balcony



No comments:

Post a Comment